June 19, 2019: Hitting it hard this morning to get as much done as possible before the predicted thunderstorms arrive. So far I have completed the following items.
- Checked and aired the Montana’s tires to 110 psi. My EEZTire TPMS is reading 109 psi on all four tires. Either it is reading very close to my good, highly recommended digital air gauge or it’s very accurate and reading true psi because screwing the TPMS sensors on always releases a little bit of air. On a side note—I aired up the tires quickly and easily using the new VIAIR 45053 Silver Automatic Portable Compressor Kit (450P-RV). Works great! It’s pretty expensive, but worth it so far. I highly recommend it.
- Confirmed all trailer lug nuts are torqued to at least 120 ft lbs.
- Cleaned and re-greased the king pin and B&W Companion fiver hitch.
- Finished packing all clothes, my MAC laptop, passports and extra cash. Whew, but I think we are almost there. I am looking forward to seeing the CAT Scale weights tomorrow morning.
- The storms came and it’s been raining, sometimes quite hard, since a little after 2:00 PM (it’s now 6:45 PM), but we are pretty much ready to depart in the morning, except for the last minute items that will go in in the morning.